Copying from a thead at Project:Support_desk - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Project:Support_desk/Extension:RSS_-_"allow_all_URLs"_wont_work (Wikinaut asked me to do this so the issues for E:RSS stay organized, and LQT move feature hates me)
one problem solved, the next matter appears. Now I want to add a RSS feed extension to my Wiki. As for the installation part, no trouble. I downloaded it here:
According to the RSS.php I got the newest version from April 24th. Now as I wanted to test with the first feed I used this code:
First, I receive this error:
- Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.
After refreshing, the error however changes to a more informative matter:
- http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. There are no allowed feed URLs in the whitelist.
So I googled and I found what caused it - suprise - the URL wasn't added to the whitelist. I did that now and it looks something like this:
$wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "blog.wikimedia.org/feed/";
This should do it for a start. I'm not even thinking about using another feed, I just want to see those fancy WikiMedia news now. But unfortunatly, they wont appear.
- http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is not in the whitelist of allowed feeds. //blog.wikimedia.org/feed/ is the only allowed feed
I tried quite a few things:
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "blog.wikimedia.org/feed/";
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/";
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = "*";
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array( "*" );
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array("*");
* $wgRSSUrlWhitelist = array("blog.wikimedia.org/feed/");
Whatever I do, I don't get it to work. It beheaves very strangly, as I add the array ("*") and it still gives me the same error message with that the feed I want to use is not the one that is on the list (instead of telling me that there aren't any on that list at all). And yes, my WikiMedia version matches the requirements.
What can I do? Thanks in advance, hpH