- Q: I am trying to implement PollNY onto my web site (http://www.ressources-qhse.org). While creating a poll, I am limited to 2 possible answers (binary choice), while I would like to have some more so as to create Multiple Choices. A quick review of your code seems to allow up to 10 answers but I did not discover to to trigger this option. Any suggestion to leverage my searches?
- I'm unable to reproduce this on my Windows 7 box with Internet Explorer 9. When I go to Special:CreatePoll, under "Answer Choices", there are two inputs. When I type something on the Answer Choice #2 input, Answer Choice #3 input appears and so on, up to Answer Choice #10. If by "latest official release of MediaWiki" you mean MediaWiki 1.17.x, I'd suggest upgrading to 1.18 (which hasn't just yet been released, but you can check it out via SVN: svn co http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/REL1_18/phase3/ — I haven't really tested the social tools too much against 1.17 release branch and there have been some bug reports against the 1.17 branch of MW. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 19:45, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
Is it a simple matter to expand the number of answers? I have a few polls to do with 15-20 answers each. Thanks! 18.104.22.168 16:31, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Q: has PollNY been tested against version 1.22? Also, I Can't find support page link on this page? GitHub? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 02:38, 24 December 2013
- I'm pretty sure I tested it against 1.22. Regarding your previous edit, which was actually far more informative than this, PollNY requires Extension:SocialProfile; SP provides the UserStats class.
- R: I changed my previous edit after realizing that I installed PollNY without the dependent Extension:SocialProfile. I proceeded to make a poll and wondered why it was not working. I realized the problem was that the extension SocialProfiles was not installed. Installed SocialProfiles. So I think I have everything, but installed them in the wrong order. Not surprising, I'm getting an error when I attempt to view a poll I have created: Error text: "A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software." I seem to be able to open all these pages: Special:AdminPoll, Special:CreatePoll, Special:ViewPoll. Not sure what needs to be done next.
- 1 Wish list
- 2 Not completely AJAX
- 3 BUG: Discuss textlink still shows on an embeded page when using <pollembed>
- 4 Request: Poll navigation menu
- 5 Request: <pollembed "latest"> config option
- 7 Request: Prevent anonymous users from voting on polls?
- 8 Request: Disable points system
- A special group which allow registered group members to view the ongoing results without being forced to vote themselves (which often bias the results) RiskManager 09:00, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
- A special poll status that "hides" the poll (usefull while developping it as group editors, or when it is closed and should not be visible anymore)126.96.36.199 14:42, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
Not completely AJAX
When a wiki runs behind caching reverse proxy and anonymous users are allowed to vote, they see cached vote page. Effectively, only one anonymous user can vote on a poll.
Since the default behavior is set to "false," this shouldn't be appearing on embeded polls.
I have also tried to force it to false by setting $wgPollDisplay['comments']= false; in LocalSettings.php, but it does not make a difference.
- Mediawiki version: 1.25.2
- PollNY version: REL1_25-addafb2.tar.gz
- Thanks for the report, I've fixed this in Change-Id: I0f5561b8db3d54f622d2ec00dffa0897b6be91bb! --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 13:26, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
It would be great if there was a proper navigation bar underneath the polls.
E.g. < Previous poll | Next poll > | All polls
- This sounds like a nice idea; I'm not sure when I'm able to implement it, though. In the meanwhile, you can view all polls on Special:ViewPoll. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 13:26, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Request: <pollembed "latest"> config option
That way you could use <pollembed "latest"> and have it display the latest poll, rather than having to manually update it every time a new poll was created.
- Hmm, interesting...I'll try to look into this; not sure why this is happening. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 13:26, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Request: Prevent anonymous users from voting on polls?
Is there a way to prevent anonymous users from voting on polls? If not, this would be useful to have/add.
- Not currently. This should be easy enough to add; I'll try to prepare a patch later today or during this week to address this. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 13:26, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
Request: Disable points system
Can we have a way to disable getting points for voting on polls?