Installation: How to "Add the Reqired Table to the Database" (Step 2)?
Thank you for this extension, but how is it supposed to be installed? Thank you!
- Option 1: Place the hidden.sql file at the root of your domain, and log on to your phpMyAdmin page.
- Import the hidden.sql file into the sql command box and hit enter (this procedure may vary depending on the service provider).
- Option 2: You can also copy and paste the content of the hidden.sql file into the sql command box in phpMyAdmin.
- --Kohyin 00:33, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
The first line of the sql file:
CREATE TABLE /*$wgDBprefix*/hidden (,
created a table named "hidden" in my wikidb but the Oversight extension calls for a table named "wikihidden".
So, that was a trouble I had to fix. It may be unique issue that is happening only to me, but if you happen to have same issue,
replace it with this:
CREATE TABLE /*$wgDBprefix*/wikihidden (.
It will at least fix this problem. I am still trying to figure out how to activate the tabs that supposed to show up...
Anyone any tips?
--Kohyin 18:19, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's actually
wiki_hidden; don't forget the underscore :). Alex43223 03:04, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Use of Oversight
Ha! I finally figured it out! The artcle describles the use of it, and that's what one has to do. Just that I needed a step-by-step lead to get there. Anyways, I found it. For those who are like me, do this to get to the page where you finally see the tab:
- click on history tab
- click on the revision that you want to hide
- you get redirected to the old page that you want to hide and you see the tab hide revision on the top -- THERE IT WAS!
- click on the hide revision tab -- NOT the delete tab!
- you get redirected to Permanently hide revisions page
- type in the Reason box - this is a required field
- click on the Hide this data permanently button
--Kohyin 20:02, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
How can I restore a previouse Oversighted revision? I have access to the database (of course).
Mediawiki 1.7.1 (Debian Etch version) seems to work.
I downloaded the 1.10 version and tried to install it. I got no error messages and it all seems to be working. I've only tested it ~10 minutes so I don't guarantee anything though. Todu 00:03, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
I get this error when Oversight is enabled:
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/html/wiki/extensions/Oversight/HideRevision.php on line 28
MW 1.11, Fedora 5, PHP 5
Will this work with 1.8.2?
Will this extenstion work with version 1.8.2?
Bluegoblin7 10:12, 31 March 2008 (UTC)
Will this work in 1.12?
Will Oversight work in MW 1.12? Thanks.
- I believe that it should, but if not, you can always use the one in the 1.11 branch. Aaron 18:57, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Hiding the revision summary also?
Is it possible for Oversight to hide the revision summary as well? Right now, looking at the history page for an article, I can't click & view the revision itself, but the information I want to hide is still viewable in the summary given by the user (e.g. (New page: [page content here])).
Difficulty installing table
The instructions say:
Add the required table to the database:
php maintenance/sql.php extensions/Oversight/hidden.sql
I successfully installed my wiki on my localhost (I am running XAMPP), and attempted to do this:
However, I get this error:
- Access forbidden!
- You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.
- If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
- Error 403
- 11/08/08 23:40:28
- Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.6
I also tried going to the command line and typing php maintenance/sql.php extensions/Oversight/hidden.sql . When I do that, I get a bunch of stuff ending with:
- MySQL returned error "1142: CREATE command denied to user 'wikiuser'@'localhost' for table 'hidden' (localhost)"
Anyone have any clues as to what might be causing that? (Now that I think about it, it may have something to do with the fact that I installed Mediawiki using the "root" superuser). Also, is it possible to install this extension on a server on which one lacks shell access? Thanks, Nathan Larson 04:52, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- That was indeed the problem - I couldn't use the "root" superuser; I had to change the permissions on wikiuser so as to grant access from that account. It works now. Nathan Larson 06:28, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS hidden; CREATE TABLE hidden ( hidden_page integer NOT NULL default 0, hidden_namespace integer NOT NULL default 0, hidden_title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', hidden_comment tinyblob NOT NULL, hidden_user integer(5) NOT NULL default 0, hidden_user_text varchar(255) NOT NULL, hidden_timestamp char(14) NOT NULL default '', hidden_minor_edit tinyint(1) NOT NULL default 0, hidden_deleted tinyint(1) NOT NULL default 0, hidden_rev_id integer(8), hidden_text_id integer(8), hidden_by_user integer, hidden_on_timestamp char(14), hidden_reason text); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS page_title_timestamp; CREATE INDEX page_title_timestamp ON hidden (hidden_page,hidden_timestamp); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS page_title_timestamp; CREATE INDEX page_title_timestamp ON hidden (hidden_page,hidden_timestamp); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS name_title_timestamp; CREATE INDEX name_title_timestamp ON hidden (hidden_namespace,hidden_title,hidden_timestamp); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS hidden_on_timestamp; CREATE INDEX hidden_on_timestamp ON hidden (hidden_on_timestamp); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS hidden_by_user; CREATE INDEX hidden_by_user ON hidden (hidden_by_user,hidden_on_timestamp); DROP INDEX IF EXISTS hidden_user_text; CREATE INDEX hidden_user_text ON hidden (hidden_user_text,hidden_timestamp);
format 'true' for usr's preference in time
Fine: (Line 237)
$wgLang->timeanddate( $timestamp ),
$wgLang->timeanddate( $timestamp , true ),
Fine: (Line 482)
$wgLang->timeanddate( wfTimestamp( TS_MW, $row->hidden_on_timestamp ) ) .
$wgLang->timeanddate( wfTimestamp( TS_MW, $row->hidden_on_timestamp ) , true ) .
Chienwen 22:45, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
Hi, Im want to use core function as it doesnt fully delete and this one as it really deletes but i have mw 1.17 with vector skin and oversight just works on monobook can you help me thanks. --Learath2 17:38, 5 June 2011 (UTC)+
Hi. In my Wiki appear Fatal error: Cannot access protected property Revision::$mDeleted in (mywiki)/extensions/Oversight/HideRevision_body.php on line 337 ¿why? --دبسنده (talk) 13:38, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Missing this extension
If I have a look eg. to special:Version, I can see this extension in the list of extension. When I click on it, the page tells me the extension is present in the MW core. Does it mean, I dont need to install it to my MW? Because if I have a look to my MW special:version, I dont see it in there and I dont have the same functionality, as it is desribed on the image of the removed page. Using v. 1.21.3--Juandev (talk) 18:05, 11 January 2014 (UTC)