Extension talk:OAuthAuthentication

From mediawiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

OAuth "callback" URL for OAuthAuthentication applications[edit]

Basically, what do you put here for this? It's a required field on Special:OAuthConsumerRegistration/propose. Is it the wiki's url, script path, api? What? -— Isarra 17:46, 23 March 2017 (UTC)[]

@Isarra: The URL you need to reference to as "callback" is the subpage finish of the special page OAuthLogin, so your full URL could look like https://www.mywiki.org/index.php/Special:OAuthLogin/finish. Credits to this post for explaining the topic as a sidenote.
Surprisingly, this is not explained in the Extension's instructions page: I just made an edit trying to integrate this information. --Luca Mauri (talk) 20:48, 7 April 2019 (UTC)[]


Controlling logging in using $wgOAuthAuthenticationGroupWhitelist referrs to groups on the wiki acting as the delegate, and assumes cooperation from its administration. Correct?

Generic error "Error"[edit]

I am setting up a MediWiki site with delegate authentication to another one. I've set Extension:OAuth up on the delegated site and I configured OAuthAuthentication on the delegating one.

When I try to login, the page called is /index.php?title=Speciale:OAuthLogin/init, but I kept getting an internal error with a brief description:

[9ed1fcb30b463161de7cc035] 2019-03-23 14:38:59: Errore irreversibile di tipo "Error"

The bracketed code keeps changing and the timestamp is the instant I am trying the access. The error message is simply "Error" (my wiki is in italian language, so it's the error, but the description is anyway uninformative), so I have no idea where to look for misconfiguration and what could it be.

Can you please suggest how should I troubleshoot this?

Thanks --Luca Mauri (talk) 14:56, 23 March 2019 (UTC)[]

After enabling Logging I discovered the issue was the missing module php-curl. After installing it, the error disappeared.--Luca Mauri (talk) 20:44, 7 April 2019 (UTC)[]

OAuth authentication[edit]

[da8365d7acfc033e414c21bb] 2020-02-10 04:22:03: "Error" type destructive exception

Tried implementing OAuth on local mediawiki software, but i found the above error

I also had this error. I looked into the error logs and the issue is Line 95 of SpecialOAuthLogin.php, which creates a type of object that as of MediaWiki 1.33 no longer exists. This may mean the extension is broken. Harej (talk) 23:59, 17 March 2020 (UTC)[]
The extension is indeed not working because of the removal of wfResetSessionID() function in MW 1.34, as explained in this Phabricator ticket. I have modified the infobox to reflect this status. For my own purposes I put together some code patches to make the extension working again. It's just a workaround, but it works, at least on my MW installations. I quickly summarized what I did in this DEV article. --Luca Mauri (talk) 15:48, 18 April 2020 (UTC)[]