|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
why use "$IP" and "require":
Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php file: require_once("$IP/extensions/Newuserlog/Newuserlog.php");
Why is this not include_once and just /extensions?
- Because it is safer and more flexible. 22.214.171.124 08:16, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Doesn't log existing user creation dates
Why not? Any way to figure these out? -Eep² 08:15, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
This doesn't seem to work for me. Is there something additional required in order that it works, or will it work with vanilla install of MediaWiki? --126.96.36.199 00:37, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
Make RecentChanges Optional?
Could you please add a setting allowing control of whether or not the entries log into recentchanges? --Nad 22:42, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
I'm experiance some troubleshotting with this extention and htmlet extentions. i'm reciving in place some think like :
The bug is the same with Securehtml extention and a auther one made by hand.
thank for your help in solving this bug.
Erwan 09:57, 07 Dec 2007 (UTC)
- If you have a newer version of MediaWiki, you should probably read this page, which documents what happened. Titoxd(?!?) 00:14, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
Display Error (RESOLVED)
- My Special:Log/newusers displays the title as <newuserlogpage>.
- The dropdown menu of logs also displays <newuserlogpage>.
- The text at the top of the log page is literally <newuserlogpagetext>.
Edit: it seems to be rather inconsistent, whether I'm logged in as Admin or not. But logged in or logged out, I still get language errors.
- See if setting MediaWiki: namespace articles as listed here. Specifically MediaWiki:Newuserlogpage, and MediaWiki:Newuserlogpagetext. I put a post about it on the supportdesk. --Zven 19:03, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
- RESOLVED (thnx Zven!)
"What are all those extensions messages for?"
There's six of them and I've hunted them down so far as follows ...
- MediaWiki:Newusers - (not sure where this appears.)
- MediaWiki:Newuserlogpage - Title of the log page; also appears in the dropdown menu for logs.
- MediaWiki:Newuserlogpagetext - Text that appears on the log page, under the title. (What should this say, I wonder?)
- MediaWiki:Newuserlogentry - (not sure where this appears.)
- MediaWiki:Newuserlog-create-entry - Text that appears in logs (incl.RecentChanges) for a new user created by himself.
- MediaWiki:Newuserlog-create2-entry - Text that appears in logs (incl.RecentChanges) for another user account created by an existing user.
--Töff 03:56, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- Look in the i18n file to find the messages. --Lindele 07:32, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Can someone tell me why the link to download this extension isn't working, as MediaWiki 1.14 isn't released yet? —JCM 23:06, 1 February 2009 (UTC)