Are there any plans on updating this extension? This extension is exactly what I want, except it is not compatible with 1.16. It mostly works, but is buggy, mainly when you click on the list of images that are supposed to be associated with a page, it only displays a few of the, not all. When you go to an actual single image, all the tagged pages seem to work.
Alternately, I have not seen a comparable replacement for this extension. The image mapping ones are not quite what I want. This face-book like image tagging is an awesome extension, I can't believe that no one else wants this kind of functionallity, but I refuse to downgrade that many versions from 1.16 to 1.11 just for that :).
Anyone have an insight on fixing/upgrading this one, or know of an alternate? I have seen anything. Thanks. Dominion4040 15:15, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
I second your thoughts!, I want to use this extension but it does not seem to work properly with my wiki. I am running mediawiki 1.15.1, it makes the wiki really slow. I wish someone upgrades this extension.
Any installation instructions? Jlerner 18:55, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- Added installation instructions. Do note that this extension only works with MediaWiki 1.10 and older versions, it does not work with 1.11 and newer. --Sayuri 19:30, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Problems on Mediawiki 1.11 and 1.12
Hi, I installed ImageTagging on Mediawiki 1.11 amd 1.12 and i have some problems with it. Can't move correctly the popup square. And i can't see the place (square) after tagged. Can't resize the square on tagging.
Are there going to be any updates to this extension to enable it to work with MW 1.11? --sas daniels 08:23, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
- I don't really know (or care) about MediaWiki 1.11, it's rather old version by now. I recall that this extension wouldn't work under 1.11 though, only 1.10 & 1.12+. I've tested this extension under MediaWiki 1.13alpha / Firefox / Internet Explorer and it worked well with MW 1.13alpha/FF (IE still has some problems, which is annoying). I'd strongly suggest upgrading to MediaWiki 1.13rc1 or to wait for the full 1.13 release and upgrade to 1.13 full when it's out. --Sayuri 15:33, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
Some feature request
Hi, I installed ImageTagging extension on MW 1.13 but i didn't like what i see. See if is bugged: http://viunai.gizmogarden.com/index.php/Imagem:1800JC0235.JPG I don't see the square on image after i add it. I think if we are with mouse hovering the picture, the tag "square" should appear. The square can't be resized. I see some examples that work like: http://www.fotonotes.net/ http://www.sanisoft.com/downloads/imgnotes-0.1/example.html Will be great if we could tag the images like http://www.wikimapia.com does with maps, so we should add it as polygons. Another thing: i have articles on namespace called Pessoas. If i annotate a tag like [[pessoas:Leonardo]] doesn't work. Anyone will work on this soon? will be great. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lleoliveirabr (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- The tag appears whenever you hover your mouse over the tag name, which is located below the image. Namespaces work well for me — Project:Community portal, Help:Contents or even a custom NS, the extension accepts any of these. I've tested ImageTagging on 1.13alpha and 1.14alpha, seems to be working pretty nicely on both. --Sayuri 12:26, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hi about the namespaces you are right, it's working. I don't like the way that need to hover mouse over the tag link to see it. I think should be when we hover the mouse on the image, show all tags. You didn't give your opinion about tags like wikimapia (polygons). Any chance? Thanks Lleoliveirabr 15:54, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- Other thing: I have an image where i have a building, inside this building there are shops, each shop is an article. So I would like to add a tag on the building and add more that one article on the building tag. Understand? Any chance? Lleoliveirabr 16:03, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
Bug or miss function
Hi all, i tagged an image with an article that already exist. When i go to see whatlinkshere the article, i don't see the image on the result. I think this should appear. What do you think? Lleoliveirabr 18:34, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
Special:TaggedImages is not working
I am running MediaWiki 1.13.1. When I click on the link next to the tag on an image to see all of the images tagged with the same tag, the special page comes up but none of the images are shown. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?
- It was written for 1.10 and has never been tested by the authors for 1.13 since it had to be disabled on Wikia for performance reasons. Angela 14:32, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
Tags in article
I'm using ImageTagging on my Hompage. My question: Is it possible to show the tags also below the picture in an article. With my version I can only see the tags on the page oft the picture.
- That's something I'd like to see, too. Hywel 10:32, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- This would be a great Feature 220.127.116.11 17:49, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Article Page lists tagged Images
Another feature for the wish list for this very attractive extension:
If I tag has its own page (e.g. "mom") It would be great to include these images as a gallery on the "wiki/mom" page and not only on the "Special:TaggedImages&q=mom" page. 18.104.22.168 17:49, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Linking to tagged images page
How do I wikilink to the tagged images of a specific person? I know I could make a link to http...Special:TaggedImages&q=mom, but is there wiki-markup to do it like [Special:TaggedImages/mom] or something? I can't figure it out. -Cheeselouise 01:30, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
Special:TaggedImages not working in mediawiki 1.18
I have installed this extension for the first time and I found two different bugs that in Special:TaggedImages
The first one is a syntax error, probably because there's nothing tagged (notice that img_name IN _nothing_):
Query: SELECT img_name,img_timestamp FROM `my_database` WHERE (img_name IN ) ORDER BY img_timestamp DESC LIMIT 12 Function: TaggedImages::execute
The second one is a PHP error:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /path/to/mediawiki-1.18.2/extensions/ImageTagging/ImageTagging_body.php on line 67
Special:TaggedImages not working in mediawiki 1.19
When i try tagging a photo, at the end of the processing it doesn't appear tags below pictures!