- 1 Feature Request
- 2 the book on each talk page
- 3 Blocking users with the built-in $wgUser->isBlocked function
- 4 Blocking spam specified by $wgSpamRegex global variable
- 5 Cannot delete or reply to guest book entries
- 6 Seems broken on MW 1.21
- 7 Are You A Human captcha feature added
- 8 Error: No Special Page
- 9 Use with $wgExternalLinkTarget = '_blank';
- 10 Custom Skin
- 11 Changes for mw 1.23
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to change the name of the guestbook on my personal wiki page. I'm trying to make an endorsement page for an organization that I run, and want to use the guestbook extension as an endorsement page, however I would like to change then mane from "guestbook" to "endorsements"
- No problem, just do it ;)--Mcmilk 21:56, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
the book on each talk page
This is great, do you think it could be set up to make a questbook for each talk page?
Blocking users with the built-in $wgUser->isBlocked function
Blocking spam specified by $wgSpamRegex global variable
- However, this addition will cause issues with the rest of a Wiki in that the words specified by the extension override a blank $wgSpamRegex varible and as such it will cause editing issues if you want the word naughty appearing in your text. There has to be a means to use the $wgSpamRegex variable from the localsettings point of variable entry? TeraS (talk) 21:59, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
Cannot delete or reply to guest book entries
MediaWiki 1.19.0, Guestbook (Version 0.14). This is a semantic mediawiki installation. http://gausschildren.org/genwiki/index.php?title=Special:Guestbook
When I click on the reply arrow or the delete button, I am redirected to a non-existent Special page.
- Have you checked the $GetRequestSeperator settings?
--184.108.40.206 19:42, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
Seems broken on MW 1.21
- And this is the arising error. It comes with a totally blank screen. And it seems that it isn't so wonderous because in 1.21 the method "addpage" has been removed. Somwhere I read that this method was depracted since 1.7.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method SpecialPage::addPage() in /var/www/domains/domain-mobadaten-info/MoBaDatenInfo/extensions/gbook/gbook.php on line 847
- This is fixed since Version 0.17 of this extension...
Are You A Human captcha feature added
I've added the functionality to use the areyouahuman.com "play a little game" captcha for the guestbook signing process to guestbook extension version 0.17a. You can see it in action here on my 1.21.1 Mediawiki: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/index.php?title=Special:Guestbook&action=add
You can download the code here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/extensions/gbook-areyouahuman.tar
To get it working you need to modify the ayah_config.php and fill in the empty quotes of the following 2 lines with your own keys, obtainable from areyouahuman.com (for free):
define( 'AYAH_PUBLISHER_KEY', ''); define( 'AYAH_SCORING_KEY', '');
In gbook.php the following variable can be set to false if you prefer to use the google recaptcha instead, for example, if you find out that you don't like the areyouarehuman captcha.
/* set if want to use are you a human recaptcha */ $areyouahuman = true;
Apart from that you also need to ensure that the guestbook extension itself is enabled in your LocalSettings.php of course. See the main page for this extension for instructions on how to do that.
Error: No Special Page
I get an error when I edit a post. Whats wrong? --220.127.116.11 18:51, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Use with $wgExternalLinkTarget = '_blank';
$wgExternalLinkTarget='_blank'; on my wiki and because of the url encoding in gbook, adding new entries opens up a new browser window. Is there a way to encode the
/index.php?title=Special:Guestbook&action=add url so that it doesn't look like an external site and trigger the
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions!
Hi, hoping to implement on my wiki, but I'm assuming that it's implementation relies on the Vector skin? I'm using a custom skin, when I use Guestbook it brings up the message "You have requested an invalid special page" on my developement server (xampp) and on the Live Site the site is ok but the normal "Special:SpecialPages" crashes? Any ideas? Cheers in advance. Lee :)
Changes for mw 1.23
The SpecialPages class has changed and so gbook doesn't work with mw 1.23.
There are three changes needed.
SpecialPage::__construct in two places
Worked for me!