WARNING: This doesnt work on 1.10.1
It does work on 1.11 and all other version just dont forget to put $wgUseCategoryBrowser = true; in localsettings
Shows duplicate categories
I don't know why, but for some reason this script seems to show duplicate categories. For example, if I have a mediawiki entry tagged as category "person", the breadcrumb for person will show up 2 or 3 times when I use this extension. Any ideas why?
I have also noticed this bug. I am hoping to try to debug this if no one else already has.
Same here on Mediawiki 1.11. Breaks the whole point of using this extension. Very good idea otherwise. Tonticologo
- Agree with point above. I see same problem (sometimes) with MW 1.13.2. Is anybody working to solve? --Robinson Weijman 15:47, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
The sources do not match
the php program sources are different. The source on this site and the one on the download site (http://www.leerwiki.nl/How_to_create_breadcrumb_with_Mediawiki) are not the same. I'm not a php expert so I don't have much of an explanation; however, the one on the leerwiki site gave me an error while the one on this site works w/o any prob.
Problem in 1.15
I have installed this and the breadcrumb appears, however all the content of the page has been shifted into the "catlinks" div. Any ideas why this might have happened?
Hey, any way to get multiple trails to appear if a page is in two categories? ideally it should look like start -> major cat1 -> sub cat2 -> currentpage start -> major cat3 -> sub cat4 -> currentpage
--My edit does that, see my user page or the link below --Cm 11:43, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
We attempted to implement this extension, but it pushed the main navigation menu on the left pane all the way to the bottom left of the page. Users do not see the menu anymore unless they scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
I get the same thing
It seems to only happen to the main page. Navigating to other pages, places the sidebar in its normal position. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this?
- Me too (MW 1.13.2) --Robinson Weijman 08:26, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
Is this problem resolved? Here I'm facing the same problem. Can anyone help?
Edits to include Start Link and support for Image pages
I so want this to work...
// <-- !!! $msg = wfMsgExt( 'pagecategories', array( 'parsemag', 'escapenoentities' ), count( $allCats['normal'] ) ); <br /> //$s .= '<div id="mw-normal-catlinks"> 1 ' . <br /> // $this->link( Title::newFromText( wfMsgForContent( 'pagecategorieslink' ) ), $msg ) <br /> // . $colon . $t . '</div>';
What does it mean? Will it fix any of the above problems?
Other defect: text size increase
In addition to the #Shows duplicate categories and #Left Pane Navigation moves to the bottom of the page I saw above:
- When viewing pages, The text in the my talk / my preferences bar gets bigger. This does not occur when viewing categories.
--Robinson Weijman 15:53, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- I kind of have the same problem, but mine get smaller, did anyone figured out what tags it is messing with and how to prevent it?
- It's a bodge, I know, but this works for me. I just changed the combine line by adding in some css styling on the links and then putting in a font-size for the following text (you'll have to remove the space between the < and the DIVs in the final line below to get it to work):
- // set tree on top of text and register into $tpl
- // $combine = $tree.$wgOut->mBodytext;
- $combine="< div style='font-size:11px;margin:10px;'>".$tree."</div>"."< div style='font-size:14px;'>".$wgOut->mBodytext;
MW 1.16.0 bug
Using with subj version results in exception when open category or special pages, though leaf pages are displayed properly.
- Use code from wiki page, not from 'download' URL.
- Another way - comment string "if ($wgArticle->getTitle()->mNamespace != 0) return $out;" (not sure if it's secure)
I don't know PHP so I need help from someone. This extensions adds bread crumb on the top and kills the categories on the bottom of the page. What do I need to remove or add to the PHP code so that it doesn't remove categories on the bottom? I tried to comment out this line $p->set( 'catlinks', ''); What it did is that it kept the categories but it also added another bread crumb trail to the bottom, any ideas how i can remove that bread crumb trail?
$p->set( 'catlinks', '');(line 35)
- add the following lines after the commented line 35:
$simplecatlist = explode('<br />', $q->getCategories()); $p->set( 'catlinks', $simplecatlist.'</div>');
$combine = $tree.$wgOut->mBodytext;(line 38) to
$combine = '<div>'.$tree.$wgOut->mBodytext;
if ($q->getcategorylinks() == null) return true;after
if ($wgArticle->getTitle()->mNamespace != 0) return true;(line 29).
--22.214.171.124 00:29, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
Mediawiki 1.16.5, installed the patched version according to this talk; it happens that in the category: pages the breadcrumb trail ends in the bottom div with id='catlinks'; is there a workaround for that, or how can i build one, given that i have little knowledge of the mediawiki API?
Does it work with MediaWiki 1.17.0?
i dont use mw 1.17, too much customisations i made, is important for me to make it work on 1.16.5
[still the original poster] Any body can give me a hint on how to fix the code so that the breadcrumbs will appear only on the top?
Undefined variable: final_last_parent in /xxx/extensions/CategoryBreadCrumbs/CategoryBreadCrumbs.php on line 95
I get the error: Notice: Undefined variable: final_last_parent in /xxx/extensions/CategoryBreadCrumbs/CategoryBreadCrumbs.php on line 95 on the top of my page http://xxx/Alerts --User:LTech 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- To remove the error I added on line 74
$last_parent = ''; $final_last_parent = ''; //added to remove error on alert page $last_text_modified = strtolower(str_replace(" ","-",$last_text));
--User:LTech 9 April 2013 (UTC)
What is the license of this extension? We would like to fork it but it needs to be FOSS...
--2A01:E35:8A04:870:F823:AD74:88C8:7FA0 20:35, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
- I guess, as it's code is included within this wiki, you could assume it's licensed the same as all content here (i.e. CC BY-SA 3.0). I'm no lawyer though! :-) Sam Wilson 12:13, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
It is working on MW 1.27?
Hello, when I try to use the extension on MW 1.27.1 the wiki does show the breadcrumb. Does anybody know something about that?