Extension talk:Auto Create Category Pages

Jump to navigation Jump to search

About this board

Previous discussion was archived at Extension talk:Auto Create Category Pages/Archive 1 on 2016-08-08.

Compatible with Mediawiki 1.34 ?

6
Summary by Varlin

Yes it is

Varlin (talkcontribs)

Hi, is this extension compatible with MW 1.34 ? I installed it, it is present in Special:Version, but it has no effect.

I also tried in vain Extension:CategoryBlueLinks

FreedomFighterSparrow (talkcontribs)

Hi Varlin, my own wiki fell behind and stayed with MW 1.29, so I never tested it with a newer version. I will try to test (and fix it, if necessary) in the next couple of days

FreedomFighterSparrow (talkcontribs)

Hi, I just tested it with both MW 1.34 and MW master branch (1.35), and it worked with both (it uses some deprecated functions, but ones that are not yet removed).

My understanding is that you don't see any errors, simply that category pages aren't created. Can you try enabling the logs, and see if any errors pop up?

Varlin (talkcontribs)

After I turned on the logs, I did not see any message related to Auto Create extension, at least among messages directly displayed on screen. Is one particular file that needs to be checked? Question: if the extension was to work, would the existing redlink categories be created immediately or only when editing a page linking to one redlink category? (Sorry if the answer is on the extension page, I did not see it). Here is my wiki, in case it helps.

FreedomFighterSparrow (talkcontribs)

Hi Varlin, it only works on save. Feel free to improve the wording on the extension page - it might not be clear enough.

I looked at your wiki, and saw that the version of this extension is 1.0.0, instead of the latest 1.0.3, which fixes a few bugs. It seems the branch REL1_34 for the extension was not updated when MediaWiki 1.34 was release, but I updated it now.

Please either pull that branch again, or switch to the master branch - then see if the problems persist.

Varlin (talkcontribs)

I updated to master branch, and now it works ! Thanks a lot for your help !

There are no older topics