Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Provides login with a XenForo account in a configurable XenForo forum.|
|Author(s)||Florian Schmidt (Florianschmidtwelzowtalk)|
|Translate the XenForoAuth extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The XenForoAuth extension allows wiki users to login with an account of a XenForo based online-forum. The extension uses the XenForo bd Api plugin (which needs to be installed on the XenForo forum in order to work with this extension) to request basic profile information.
To use this extension you need at least:
- MediaWiki 1.27+
- MySQL (no PostgreSQL or SQLite support for now!)
- PHP 5.5+
- An API client in the forum with which your users can authenticate
- Able to run
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'XenForoAuth' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Configure the required parameters
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The extension provides two configuration variables to set the Client ID and Client Secret (you get this pair in the API Client settings of the XenForo forum, remove "<" and ">"). You also need to configure the base url where the api can be reached.
$wgXenForoAuthClientSecret = '<your-client-secret>'; $wgXenForoAuthClientId = '<your-client-id>'; $wgXenForoAuthBaseUrl = 'https://example.com/api/';
Additional Configuration parameter
|Configuration variable||Default value||Description|
||The icon, which will be added to the "Log in with XenForo" button. Normally you would set the path to the icon of the forum here. The value has to be surrounded with |
||Whether users from XenForo should be autocreated in this wiki. If you set this to |
Settings for the API Client
Please make sure, that you created an API Client in XenForo.
Please also set your full URL to
Special:UserLogin into the Redirect Uri input field (e.g.
Please also add your domain to the White-listed Domains input field (e.g.