Release status: stable
|Beskrivelse||Provides an extendable wikitext editing interface and many feature-providing modules|
|Author(s)||Trevor Parscal, Roan Kattouw|
|Latest version||0.5.1 (2016-04-15)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the WikiEditor extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The WikiEditor extension provides an improved interface for editing wikitext. It is the wikitext editing interface that Wikipedia started using in 2010 for desktop users, and so it is sometimes called the "2010 wikitext editor". The extension used to provide "Labs" features for "publication" and "preview" steps, but these are removed from REL1_31 onwards.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'WikiEditor' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
No configuration is needed "out of the box". By default, when installed this extension will be available to all users, and logged-in users can disable it from their preferences via the
If you wish all users to have it, and be unable to disable it, add it to
$wgHiddenPrefs in your LocalSettings.php:
$wgHiddenPrefs = 'usebetatoolbar';
If you are using a version before
REL1_31 and would want the toolbar to be default for users when they first join add this line to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgDefaultUserOptions['usebetatoolbar'] = 1;
In some situations, WikiEditor may not show in your browser after the installation. Clearing your browser cache will solve the problem.
- The button for adding user signatures (four tildes) is available on talk pages and in namespaces specified in $wgExtraSignatureNamespaces.
- Note for IIS setup: By default, IIS doesn't understand .svg files. WikiEditor uses them to represents the icons. To fix this, you have to add the MIME type.
- Extension:WikiEditor/Toolbar customization – technical details of customizing the toolbar.
- Extension:WikiEditor/Toolbar customization/Library – snippets of code for common additions to the toolbar.
- 2017 wikitext editor
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|