Please expand this page. The reason given is: Needs some more documentation
This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
| Visible Effort
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Provides quick and easily consumable visuals representing the evenness of contributions to any given page|
|Author(s)||Dr. Sorin Adam Matei, Shammi Diddla, and Lars Sorenson (LarsSorensontalk)|
|Latest version||1.0 (2014-04-29)|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial Share Alike 4.0|
The Visible Effort extension is designed to parse and tabulate contributions from each individual for any given page or article in the wiki. It then uses this information to display meaningful and useful visual indicators of how distributed the contributions are among the editing users. This makes for a quick and easy understanding of the fairness of editing within any given page, without having to read through edit history logs manually. The extension also features a ranking system that is visible on any users About page. It will render and display a 3d chart featuring all other users on the wiki, ranked by 3 metrics: Unique Articles contributed to, Gross contributions overall, and the Average Entropy of all of their articles. For more in depth information on the theory and concept of Visible Effort, as well as a chance to see it in action, please visit http://veffort.us.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- If your wiki already has data, please visit Special Pages > Visible Effort and click process remaining articles located halfway down the page. WARNING: This can take a very long time if you have a large amount of edits and articles. Also, the page will continually refresh as it processes each revision and page, please do not close the window while this is running.
- To customize your settings, please visit Special Pages > Visible Effort. You can change the weighting of images in terms of words, the color for the two ends of the evenness scale, and what data to display on each page.
- To change whether or not a page displays the Visible Effort sidebar, look for the visible effort tab on that article's page, located along the navigation bar across the top.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.