Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release status: stable
|Description||Allows the user to provide a group at sign up, the group name will be displayed after the username and has to be given at login through a dropdown.|
|Latest version||1.0 (2012-09-09)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the UsernameWithGroupname extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
Allows the user to provide a group at sign up, the group name will be displayed after the username and has to be given at login through a dropdown.
- Create a folder in the folder 'extensions' named UsernameWithGroupname
- Add the following line to your LocalSettings.php file
require_once( "$IP/extensions/extension_name/UsernameWithGroupname.php" );
Under require_once line you can use the following variables to alter the behaviour of the extension:
- $wgUsergroups: An array of groups that will be shown in the dropdownlist in the login and sign up forms.
- $wgCharsBetweenUsernameAndGroupname: The string that will be added between the username and the groupname (Default: " (").
- $wgCharsAfterGroupname: The string that will be added after the groupname (Default: ")").