Release status: stable
|Description||Adds a special page to filter out unwanted expressions.|
|Latest version||1.7.0 (2020-03-10)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||6 (Ranked 165th)|
|Public wikis using||1,117 (Ranked 252nd)|
|Translate the SpamRegex extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The SpamRegex extension creates a new page, "Special:SpamRegex", to filter out unwanted links or text. A full list of currently blocked links or text can be viewed on this same special page. The spamregexed expressions cannot be used in page content, edit summaries or page move summaries, depending on what was chosen by the user who blocked links or text.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'SpamRegex' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- This extension uses Memcached - please check if Memcached is configured properly in Global/LocalSettings.php.
- Ensure the
spamregexuser right is given to a group that exists; by default this user right is given to the
staffuser group (which does not exist in a default MediaWiki installation).
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Go to "Special:SpamRegex"
- Enter the phrase to be blocked into the "Phrase to block" box
- Supply a reason for blocking the phrase
- Select one or both of the available options: block phrase in page text & block phrase in summary (edit summaries, page move summaries)
- Press the "Block this phrase" button
- Stable extensions
- Special page extensions
- GPL licensed extensions
- Extensions in Wikimedia version control
- Comments::isSpam extensions
- EditFilter extensions
- LoadExtensionSchemaUpdates extensions
- MovePageCheckPermissions extensions
- RenameUserComplete extensions
- All extensions
- Extensions by Fandom
- Extensions by ShoutWiki
- Spam management extensions