Release status: stable
|Description||Removes the ability to view the source code of a page if a user does not have edit rights.|
|Latest version||1.1.1 (2017-10-10)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the SourceProtection extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The SourceProtection extension removes the ability to view the source code of a page if a user does not have edit rights through disabling certain actions.
The following actions are disabled which may provide access to the source code:
Additionally, the SourceProtection extension removes the following tabs from a page if a user may not edit:
- View source
- Edit with form (if Page Forms is installed)
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Version 1.1.1 (2017-10-10) Added more actions for user without edit permissions to protect the source of a page more thoroughly.
- Version 1.1.0 (2017-08-08) Removes View Source tab and (if pageForms is installed the edit-Form tab) & History tab from menu and disables action=edit function for users with no edit permissions. It will also block the viewing of the readonly form.
- Version 1.0 - Initial version (prototype)