Release status: beta
|Description||Tracks searches users perform so that they can be analyzed for pages users are looking for on the wiki.|
|Author(s)||Steven Orvis (Sorvistalk)|
|Latest version||0.1.0 (2016-04-16)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the SearchStats extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The SearchStats extension tracks user searches that do not result in a direct hit from a page. The search saves the search term to a new table called search_query. Most recent 10 searches and top 10 searches can then be viewed on the SearchStats special page.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The following are ideas of additional features that may or may not be added to this extension in the future:
- Tracking the user's role that did the search (assumes the user was logged in)
- Hard-code filtering out a certain role on the stats page
- LocalSettings configuration to turn tracking on and off
- LocalSettings configuration of which roles to ignore on the stats page
- Add a way to export full stats to a CSV file
- LocalSettings configuration for role access to the stats page
- Better tracking of all searches such as tracking direct hits