Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Adds real names to Search results|
|Author(s)||John Erling Blad|
|Latest version||0.2 (2009-12-17)|
|Translate the SearchRealnames extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
SearchRealnames is an extension for MediaWiki that adds real names for the editors to search results for pages in the user space, if the user has defined a real name.
- Download SearchRealnames.php and SearchRealnames.i18n.php, and save them in extensions/SearchRealnames directory on your wiki.
- Insert this line in the LocalSettings.php file:
- Optionally add a line for how to present he search result:
$wgSearchRealnamesInline = true;
- No additional action is necessary to use this extension
- Not known
This extension show personal information that the user may expect to be hidden from general view. Make sure it is according to established policy before you use it on any existing wiki.
- It should be possible to search for the real names, probably during the title lookup
- Real names should be added to subpages, not only the user root page itself
- Should use ShowSearchHitTitle but its new and the extension must run on an old version - update later
- Should use a better strategy on doing user lookup
Use the discussion page for feedback, questions, feature requests and bug reports.