Release status: beta
|Implementation||Special page, Database|
|Description||Allows users to privately report revisions|
|Author(s)||Ken Hilton (Kenny2wikitalk)|
|Compatibility policy||release branches|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0|
|Translate the Report extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Report extension adds a special page for users to privately report revisions of pages for admin attention, as well as another special page for admins to handle such reports.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Report' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
By default, only registered users can report revisions, and only sysops can handle reports:
// These are the default settings for the extension, no need to manually set it $wgGroupPermissions['user']['report'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['handle-reports'] = true;
If different permissions are required, simply adjust
$wgGroupPermissions. For example, to allow anonymous users to report revisions, and only allow bureaucrats to handle reports, add the following to LocalSettings.php, after loading the extension:
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['report'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['handle-reports'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['handle-reports'] = true;
- Go to the history of a page, or look at a diff between revisions.
- Click the "report" link (next to undo).
- Enter a reason for reporting the revision.
- Submit the report.
- As an admin (or other user with the
handle-reportspermission), browse to
- You will be presented with a list of recent reports. Choose a report that catches your attention by clicking "View report".
- On the "view report" page, you will be presented with a single button to mark the report as handled. After making sure that any required action for the report has been taken care of, click "Mark as handled".
- After a report has been marked as handled, other admins can still re-mark it as handled. This only changes the who and when of the report being handled, however.