Release status: beta
|Description||Provides a MediaWiki client for the pool counter daemon|
|Author(s)||Tim Starling, Platonides|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the PoolCounter extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The PoolCounter extension provides a MediaWiki client for the pool counter daemon.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'PoolCounter' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'PoolCounter' );, you need to use:
The extension can be configured with the global
$wgPoolCountClientConf, which is an associative array with the following keys:
- An array of server IP addresses. Adding multiple servers causes locks to be distributed on the client side using a consistent hashing algorithm.
- The connect timeout in seconds.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|