Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||User identity, API|
|Description||Allows users with email addresses associated with their accounts to log in via Mozilla Persona|
|Author(s)||Tyler Romeo (Parent5446talk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
Translate the Persona extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Persona extension allows existing users that have a valid email associated with their account to log in using Mozilla Persona.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration parameters[edit source]
- Adds a Persona login link to every page rather than just the login page. This defaults to on (true). This should be turned off for wikis that use Squid since having a login link on every page requires a session, which means the cache cannot be used.
There are a few limitations with the extension in its current form:
- Automatic Account Creation - This extension does not support auto-creating accounts for Persona users since Persona uses the email as a username. An account must already exist with the email associated with the Persona account.
- Secure Login - If $wgSecurLogin and $wgPersonaLoginAnywhere are both enabled, then logging in with the personal link (i.e., the link in the top right side of the page) will not work over HTTP. This is actually fixable and is planned for a future release.