Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, Page action|
|Description||Gives sysops the ability to mass delete pages.|
|Latest version||1.3.0 (2017-03-01)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the Nuke extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Nuke extension makes it possible for sysops to mass delete pages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Nuke' );
- Configure as required.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'Nuke' );, you need to use:
The user right "nuke" is automatically granted to the "sysop" user group. To decouple this and assign this right to a dedicated new user group such as "nuke" add the following to your "LocalSettings.php" file:
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['nuke'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['nuke']['nuke'] = true;
Go to Special:Nuke in order to mass delete pages recently added by a user or IP address. The special page is listed under Special:SpecialPages as Mass delete.
You can also specify a pattern for the page title.
The field accepts SQL wildcards, like
A log of all deletions is maintained at Special:Log/delete.
- Extension:DeleteBatch, deleteBatch.php - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- Extension:NukeDPL - Delete multiple pages using 'Dynamic Page Lists'
- Extension:SmiteSpam - Attempts to find all spam on a wiki, via text processing, and provides an interface to delete it all
- Manual:DeleteArchivedRevisions.php - Script to permanently blow away pages after deleting them (e.g. after using Extension:Nuke)
- Extension:DeletePagesForGood - Adds a tab for deleting an individual page permanently.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|