|This extension stores its source code on a wiki page. Please be aware that this code may be unreviewed or maliciously altered. They may contain security holes, outdated interfaces that are no longer compatible etc.|
request access to MediaWiki's code repository to address this.
Release status: beta
|Implementation||Parser extension, Tag|
|Description||Adds MailChimp subscription management forms to your wiki. Currently only supports the sign-up form.|
|Author(s)||Andrew Mahr (jamahrtalk)|
|License||No license specified|
|Translate the MailChimpForms extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The MailChimpForms extension allows the insertion of MailChimp forms easy on your wiki. Currently it only supports the sign-up form, but should be easy to add more functionality if you're interested in doing so.
Insert a form using the new tag
<mailchimpforms> using these parameters.
- prefix: the text that comes before us1.list-manage.com in the URLs that MailChimp uses to manage your lists (usually it is the name of your organization, all lower-case, no spaces)
- account: your 24-character account id with MailChimp. You can get this by looking at the sign-up form code that MailChimp provides you, and looking for the parameter u=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- list: the 10-character id of the list you want the form to work with, found in the same place as the account id above
- type: the type of form to insert, which right now can only be set to
- bordercss: if you want to customize the border around your form, enter the code here, e.g.
1px solid black
- closelink: set to true if you want the "Close" link to appear under your form
This following code will insert a form for a Mediawiki mailing list (fictional) with no border and no "Close" link:
<mailchimpforms prefix="mediawiki" account="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx" list="0123456789" type="subscribe" />
- Copy the code into a file and place the file(s) in a directory called