Release status: beta
|Description||Provides automatic page lock to the author who created the page|
|Author(s)||WikiFocus Ltd. (Wikipothesistalk)|
|Latest version||1.1.1 (2014-09-05)|
|Translate the LockOnCreate extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The LockOnCreate provides automatic page lock to the author who created the page.
Wiki sites are generally for group-edited web pages. But situations arise where you want an author-created MediaWiki page to be editable to only the page author.
The LockOnCreate extension does that:
- It provides automatic page lock to the author who created the page. A system administrator can still edit the page, if needed.
- The associated talk page remains active for anyone to edit.
LockOnCreate has an editing timeout function that can be used two ways:
- You can set the timeout to lock the page to the page author after x minutes/seconds. The page will still be editable by system administrators.
- Or you can comment out the timeout code, which allows the page author to go back and edit the page at any time.
If you decide to lock the page, the AuthorComments extension can be used to allow the page author to make additional comments. Those comments will be listed under the author's initial post. The page author can post any number of separate comments. You can choose to lock each posted comment after x minutes/seconds, or you can leave the comments unlocked.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Questions, comments, issues
If you have a question, comment, or issue, please add it to the "Discuss" tab on the website that hosts this extension, or email email@example.com.