Extension:LiquidThreads/FAQ/LQT Archive 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is an archived LiquidThreads page. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Frequently asked questions
- Where is the "edit this page" button?
- LiquidThreads doesn't work on the concept of editing pages. Rather, you can post comments, reply to comments, move comments around, or edit other comments, using the interface.
- How do I archive a talk page?
- Talkpages will archive themselves. Threads are displayed in reverse chronological order by last post (though you can choose to leave a thread where it is when you post to it). A certain number of most recently changed threads are displayed per page (by default this is 20), and there are Next/Previous links to go from one to the other.
- How do I mark a thread as resolved?
- You can summarise a thread at any point in time, by clicking the "Summarize" link to the right of its title.
- How can I re-arrange posts in a thread or on a page?
- Each post or thread has an option under the "More" menu called "Drag to a new location". You can select this option and drag the post (and all of its replies) to a new location, including underneath another post, a new thread, a different position on the page, or anywhere else.
- How can I move a thread from one page to another?
- There's a link in the top-right of each thread that reads "Move". If you click on it, you can move the thread to another page.
- How can I change the title of a thread?
- There's a "Change Subject" link to the right of the title. Alternatively, you can click "Edit" on the top post in a thread, and edit the subject field.
- My signature is wrong!
- You can change your signature by clicking "Edit" in the "More" menu for the post. The signature will be displayed below the textbox, along with an edit link.
- How do I watch a thread for changes?
- There is a "Watch" link to the right of the title. Clicking on this link will cause any replies to that thread to be sent to your "New Messages" screen, which you can access from your personal toolbox.
- I receive "New Messages" on the wiki when a thread is changed, but can I also receive an e-mail notification?
- In your preferences, activate the setting "E-mail me on replies to a thread I am watching" in your User profile (setting is deactivated by default). Be reminded, that e-mail notification does only work for confirmed e-mail addresses. The e-mail function is enabled on all foundation wikis since May 2011.
- What meaning has the "watch" (watch this page) button (MonoBook skin) or the star (Vector skin) on the LiquidThreads pages ?
- Watching a page means you will be watching every thread on it, including new threads added later. There is currently no way to ignore threads while watching the page.
- If the threads re-order themselves, how do I check if somebody's replied to my post?
- You will automatically watch any threads that you contribute to. Any replies to these threads will be sent to your "New Messages" screen, which you can access from your personal toolbox.
- How do I get clean up vandalistic or unwanted posts?
- You can edit anybody's post, by clicking on "Edit" under the "More" menu. If you remove all of the content from a post, and it has no replies with content, then it will not be displayed. It will still be visible in the history of the page. If you want to remove a post permanently, and you are an administrator, you can click the "Delete" link under "More".
- What impact will this have on the archive bot that I have running on my talk page?
- You should disable the archive bot - threads will be automatically archived.
- Can I give someone a direct link to a thread?
- Yes, under the "more" menu, there's an option for "link to" - it will give you the address of the thread.
- Can I see everyone who's posted to a thread, like in the page history of current mediawiki talk pages?
- Yes, press the "history" link at the top of the thread.
- I'm an administrator- how do I protect a thread from being edited?
- Thread protection happens by pressing the "protect" link at the top of the thread. From there on, the interface should be what you're used to.
- I'm an administrator- how do I delete a thread?
- Use the "delete" link, under the "more" menu for the thread.
- I forgot to log in, and it's displaying my IP address! How do I change that?
- See "My signature is wrong!", above.