Release status: stable
|Description||Automatically adds links to words that match titles of existing pages.|
|Author(s)||Daniel Kraus (bovendertalk)|
|Latest version||8.1.0 (2022-03-14)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
The LinkTitles extension automatically adds links to existing page titles that occur on a given page. This will automatically cross-reference your wiki for you. The extension can operate in three ways that can be used independently:
- Whenever a page is edited and saved, the extension will look if any existing page titles occur in the text, and automatically add links (
[[...]]) to the corresponding pages.
- Links may also be added on the fly whenever a page is rendered for display. Most of the time, MediaWiki will fetch previously rendered pages from cache upon a page request, but whenever a page is refreshed, the LinkTitles extension can add its page links. These links are not hard-coded in the Wiki text. The original content will not be modified.
- Batch mode enables Wiki administrators to process all pages in a Wiki at once. Batch processing can either be started from a special page, or from the server's command line (see below).
- Download, extract and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'LinkTitles' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage and configuration
Usage and configuration information can be found in the README.md file in the extension's repository.
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|