Release status: stable
|Description||Provides the user with article title suggestions as they type a link in wikitext.|
|Latest version||2.1.0 (2021-01-29)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||37 (Ranked 134th)|
|Translate the LinkSuggest extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The LinkSuggest extension suggests links to editors on edit view (?action=edit). Registered users are able to turn LinkSuggest off via Special:Preferences.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'LinkSuggest' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Array that defines a list of namespaces to get suggestions from if you don't type a namespace.
$wgLinkSuggestFromNamespaces = [ NS_MAIN ];
Adding namespaces to this list will cause LinkSuggest to load suggestions from pages on those namespaces, when you don't type the namespace.
This cause suggestions to get pages "Apple" and "Project:Apple" if you type "Appl" and
[ NS_MAIN, NS_PROJECT ].
- WikiEditor - Has similar functionality built in. Clicking on the link icon from the tool-bar shows a search box, typing into this will search the available pages. This extension is now bundled with MediaWiki.
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|
- Stable extensions
- Search extensions
- GPL licensed extensions
- Extensions in Wikimedia version control
- EditPage::showEditForm:initial extensions
- GetPreferences extensions
- All extensions
- Extensions included in Canasta
- Extensions included in Fandom
- Extensions included in Miraheze
- Extensions included in WikiForge
- Extensions included in Telepedia
- Extensions by Fandom
- Link extensions