Release status: beta
|Description||Adds a zoom-viewer based on Zoomify|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0|
|Translate the JBZV extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The JBZV extension was designed for the Transcribe Bentham project at University College London. The code of this extension as well as that of Extension:TEITags and Extension:JBTEIToolbar, which together comprise the TB Transcription Desk, has been released as open-source software.
- The following is taken from the previous file repository at  and may be outdated:
- To support the Zoom viewer, images need to be tiled and stored in a directory "Zimages" in the Mediawiki directory. The tiles can be created with the Zoomify tools or with the Perl Slice script. The directory names for each image's tiles need to match the name of the page where the image is to appear (e.g. page "JB/001/001/001" uses images from "/td/Zimages/001_001_001") from Zoomfy. (I [Richard Davis] created a wrapper script to run the Perl Slice script over a directory of images.) The exact pagename/filename algorithm can be changed in the JBZV script.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.