Release status: beta
|Description||Creates a "global" watchlist|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the GlobalWatchlist extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The GlobalWatchlist extension allows a user to view changes to watched pages on multiple sites at once.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'GlobalWatchlist' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
|Variable name||Default value||Description|
||The site that should be treated as a Wikibase Repository and should have labels fetched for items that are changed. If false, the extra handling for Wikibase items is not applied.|
||Whether to use the experimental (and ugly) Vue.js version of the display|
||Whether to send debug log entries to the console|
||Whether to enable the GuidedTour for the settings page, if the GuidedTour extension is installed|
||The maximum number of sites that a user can save to their watchlist. Set to 0 to disable the limit.|
To view the global watchlist, visit Special:GlobalWatchlist on the wiki where the extension is installed. By default, only the local wiki's changes are shown, but by changing the configuration at Special:GlobalWatchlistSettings the user can choose other sites to show, up to the maximum if configured.
Integration with other extensions
- When CentralAuth is installed, only wikis where the user has an attached account are allowed in their global watchlist
- When one of the sites included in the global watchlist has the Wikibase Repository extension installed, labels for items and properties can be fetched and displayed. If WikibaseLexeme is installed labels for lexemes are retrieved too.
- When GuidedTour is installed, and
$wgGlobalWatchlistEnableGuidedTouris enabled, a tour is available at Special:GlobalWatchlistSettings the first time you visit the page
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|