Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to use GeoGebra applets on pages|
|Author(s)||Zbynek, Rudolf Großmann (Rudolf.Grossmanntalk)|
|MediaWiki||needs >= 1.17.0
tested with 1.19.2 and 1.19.7
Old changelog (History)
|Example||See the page Extension:GeoGebra/Examples|
|Translate the GeoGebra extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The GeoGebra extension allows to use GeoGebra applets on a page.
GeoGebra applets use Java technology to combine an interactive geometry environment with the ability to directly enter equations and coordinates making it very useful in math education and math explorations.
GeoGebra applets and worksheets are shared at: www.geogebratube.org (community)
You can export a GeoGebra file to a wiki very comfortably (since GeoGebra 126.96.36.199).
Use the export function of GeoGebra:
Choose File - Export - Dynamic Worksheet as Webpage... Then go to "Advanced" and choose "Clipboard:MediaWiki" (bottom right).
See the tutorial at wiki.geogebra.org: GeoGebra with MediaWiki
Paste the clipoard to your wiki in edit mode. Done! This will create a tag like this:
<ggb_applet height="300" width="600" ggbBase64="AbCd67Fg...KhRs" />
Upload of ggb files to the wiki is obsolete and not longer supported!
You can also pass GeoGebra applet parameters. See Parameters
<ggb_applet height="200" width="400" showMenuBar="true" showResetIcon="true" ggbBase64="AbCd67Fg...KhRs" />
Installation (MediaWiki Version >= 1.17.x)
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Installation (MediaWiki Version <= 1.16.x)
Note: If you are using an older version (<= 1.16.x) of MediaWiki, you will have to use an older version of this extension. Version 2.7i is the latest version of this extension which does not need MediaWiki 1.17.x or younger. It can be found here: Older version of this page
Support of mobile devices since version 3.0d-web
GeoGebra applets using the syntax 'filename="xyz.ggb"' (obsolete) are delivered only as Java applets.
You can force the delivery of HTML5 by using the parameter ?mobile=true appended to the URL. Use &mobile=true if there is already a ? in the URL.
New version 3.0.2 installed at wikis.zum.de and wiki.geogebra.org
Version 3.0.5 is installed at wikis.zum.de/zum (German language) and about 60 other wikis related to ZUM. Version 3.0.2 was installed since June, 2014, and slightly modified at wikis.zum.de and wiki.geogebra.org.
Support of mobile devices now can be testet at wikis.zum.de/zum.
Changes of status
- 2011-03-05: After testing version 2.7 with with many wikis, without critical errors, status of version 2.7i was changed to stable.
- 2012-08-09: Syntax changes with MediaWiki 1.17.x made changes of the extension necessary. Status was changed back to beta.
- 2013-12-01: Version 3.0d-web was installed at many other wikis.
- 2014-02-09: No errors about 3.0d-web were reported. Status was changed back to stable.
Incompatibility with MediaWiki 1.19 fixed
Zbynek Konecny from the GeoGebra team told me that this line did not work after updating to MediaWiki 1.19:
- $ggbFile = Image::newFromName($ggbBinary);
Fixed with version 2.8a.
- Examples of wikis using the GeoGebra Extension.
- GeoGebra Help Page (German language) shows four different ways to embed a GeoGebra applet into a wiki page.
- The GeoGebra extension is based on the Java Applet extension by Phil Trasatti.
- FormelApplet extension by R. Grossmann. The brother of GeoGebra extension.
- Cinderella extension. Use Cinderella applets in your wiki.