Release status: beta
|Description||encryption for MediaWiki mail|
|Author(s)||Gergő Tisza (Tgrtalk)|
|Latest version||0.1 (2015-09-27)|
|Translate the GPGMail extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Encrypts (most) outgoing MediaWiki mail with GPG if the user has uploaded a public key.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/GPGMail/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with Git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
Installing / Configuration
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'GPGMail' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'GPGMail' );, you need to use: