Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, User rights, User access, User identity|
|Description||Provides a wizard to create and configure your new user account|
|Author(s)||Niklas Laxström, Siebrand Mazeland (not maintaining)|
|Latest version||Dated snapshots from time to time|
|MediaWiki||1.20, 1.21, 1.22, 1.23alpha|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the FirstSteps extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
Special:FirstSteps is a spin-off from Translate: it guides the user through the steps of
- creating an account at Special:CreateAccount,
- configuring their primary language (and assistant language for Translate),
- creating a custom userpage (with Babel),
- requesting translator permission if not provided to all users
(depending on what was already done or not).
In its basic form, the extension assumes that the following is available:
- Babel (for user pages),
- LiquidThreads (with a LQT-enabled page or redirect at Project:FirstSteps),
- Extension:Translate (some steps would have to be skipped otherwise).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
For wikis with non-open registration: