Release status: beta
|Description||Render chess diagrams in
|Author(s)||Michaël Peeters (xeyownttalk)|
|Latest version||1.0.3 (2017-12-24)|
|MediaWiki||1.17+ (>1.27.4 not tested)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||see WikiTest FenTT page.|
|Translate the FenTT extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
FenTT is a MediaWiki extension written in PHP that allows the rendering of nice chessboards in HTML at any size or color, by using TrueType fonts and without the need of extra images. Chess game diagrams can be rendered in both color or B&W mode, and piece movements or square of interests can be indicated as well. Diagrams rendered in B&W mode can also be copy-pasted into e.g. an office application.
Here a summary of supported features:
- Forsyth-Edwards compatible notation.
- Extra symbols for eg. piece movement (. or x).
- Highlighting of squares of interest.
- Truetype font based rendering, using either local or web font.
- Color mode or printer-friendly black&white mode.
- Default mode specification / inline mode specification.
- Fixed size.
- Variable size (eg. multiple of browser default font size).
- Default style.
- Inline style.
- Class style.
- Black&white board can be copy-pasted in external applications.
Usage instructions are contained in the package. To view it,
- Download the package.
- Run the command
- Open file doc/reference.html in a browser.
Documentation is also available on the extension homepage.
FenTT is available on GitHub.
Check FenTT page on WikiTest. You can see the extension at work and try it by yourself.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'FenTT' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'FenTT' );, you need to use:
Extension has been tested on
- MediaWiki 1.27.4
- MediaWiki 1.22.1
Extension uses the ResourceLoader, so it requires at least MediaWiki 1.17.
The FenTT MediaWiki extension is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
See file COPYING for more details.