This page is obsolete. It is kept for historical interest only. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
This feature is part of MediaWiki core
Place your questions here:
Daily digest mailer
I modified/added some Mediawiki stuff to optionally email daily watchlist digests if anyone wants it, but I don't really know where to 'mention' it. It has nothing to do with the enotif scripts. --MHart 22:21, 20 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Where can I download the Enotif extension?
Error applying the patch to a Mediawiki version without Enotif
After applying the path (patch -u -b < enotiff.diff) i try to access the Wiki (mediawiki 1.3.4) and a Database error occour , i think the patch needs changes on database, but how can i apply the changes of the new structure ??? the error was :
UPDATE watchlist SET wl_notificationtimestamp = 0 WHERE wl_title='Wickle_Projects_and_Docs' AND wl_namespace = 0 AND wl_user = 2 MySQL ERROR"1054: Unknown column 'wl_notificationtimestamp' in 'field list'".
Same question and one answer reported by Nick Triantos:
First issue I noticed: I downloaded the full mw1.3.5_incl_enotif1.2 package, but didn't realize the watchlist table needed a new field. It was easy enough to fix, it looks like I just need to add a wl_notificationtimestamp field of type varchar(14), binary. -Nick
Answer: You are both right.
Three possible solutions:
- Apply this sql TABLE command manually to the database
- Content of file /maintenance/archives/patch-email-notification.sql (this file is part of the enotif patch suite and the tgz file)
-- A new column 'wl_notificationtimestamp' is added to the table 'watchlist'. ALTER TABLE watchlist ADD (wl_notificationtimestamp varchar(14) binary NOT NULL default '0');
- use the mysqlcc program if you have installed it
- to add the needed wl_notificationtimestamp column manually to the watchlist table of your wiki database.
- use the MediaWiki update database service routine
- copy /AdminSettings.sample to /AdminSettings.php
- set up your MySQL root username and root user password in this module
- run php /includes/maintenance/update.php. This updates all databases to the current structure.