Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Displays a warning if user edits a page/section which is currently being edited.|
|Author(s)||Thomas David (Nemphistalk)|
|Latest version||0.4 (2011-10-28)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the EditWarning extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The EditWarning extension displays a warning if user edits a page/section which is currently being edited.
On pages which are being edited by many users simultaneously edit conflicts can easily happen. This extension tries to avoid this problem by showing a warning message if the user edits a page that is being edited by other users at the same time. It's very similar to the MoinMoin Wiki warning with the difference that it doesn't lock the page.
Note: It's not recommended to use this extension if anonymous users are allowed to edit pages, because it ignores anonymous page edits.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Execute the following SQL statements in your database:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS editwarning_locks ( user_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, user_name varchar(255) NOT NULL, article_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, timestamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL, section int(2) unsigned NOT NULL, KEY user_id (user_id), KEY article_id (article_id) ) ENGINE=InnoDB; ALTER TABLE editwarning_locks ADD CONSTRAINT editwarning_locks_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (user_id) REFERENCES user (user_id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE, ADD CONSTRAINT editwarning_locks_ibfk_2 FOREIGN KEY (article_id) REFERENCES page (page_id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE;
- Configure as required
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The default timeout is set to 10 minutes. If you want to change this setting, add this line to your LocalSettings.php (Note: The value is the number of minutes):
$EditWarning_Timeout = 5;
- The extension hides everything except the editor area (see screenshots). If you don't like this behavior, add this line to your LocalSettings.php:
$EditWarning_OnlyEditor = "false";
Upgrade from 0.3
See the UPGRADE file.
- The extension can only recognize the cancel of page editing if the user uses the "Cancel" button. Otherwise the warning will be showed until the timeout (default 10 minutes).
- The Ajax Show Editors extension