Release status: unstable
|Implementation||Special page, Page action|
|Description||Allows to create independent copies of pages|
|Latest version||1.4.0 (2017-10-28)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Duplicator extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Duplicator extension provides a special page which allows the creation of independent copies (with separate edit histories) of pages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Pages with a large number of revisions cannot be copied if the set limit (default is
250) is exceeded to avoid excessive write load.
To duplicate an article, go to the "Special:Duplicator" page. On article pages (and for monobook skin only) a convenient link is provided in the toolbox which will pre-populate the source page title when used.
Enter the title of the article to be copied and the destination title in the appropriate fields, and select whether or not to duplicate the associated discussion page. The latter option will not be presented if the discussion page does not exist.
Click the Duplicate button to perform the operation. You will be advised when this is complete, or in the case of errors. The copy will be logged in the destination page history, and an entry will be created in the recent changes list.
Note: It is not possible to duplicate a page which has more revisions than the configured limit (see above). It is also not possible to overwrite an existing page.