Release status: stable
|Implementation||User interface, Notify|
|Description||MediaWiki extension that sends notifications to Discord.|
|Author(s)||Jayden Bailey (Jaydenkierantalk)|
|Latest version||1.0 (2018-12-10)|
|Translate the Discord extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Discord extension sends notifications to a Discord webhook (or several) from MediaWiki. When a certain event occurs on your MediaWiki wiki, including new edits, they can be sent as a message to a channel on a Discord server using a webhook.
This extension requires cURL to be installed on your web server, which on Linux is probably as simple as running
sudo apt install curl.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Discord' ); // List webhook URLs to send notifications to (string or array containing strings) $wgDiscordWebhookURL = [ "" ];
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- https://discordbee.com/servers - Public Discord Servers
- Extension:DiscordNotifications - an alternate Discord webhook extension