Release status: experimental
|Description||Display various types of diagrams rendered from text within wiki pages.|
|Author(s)||Sam Wilson (Samwilsontalk)|
<graphviz>, <mscgen>, and <uml>
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Diagrams extension displays GraphViz, Mscgen, and PlantUML diagrams in a wiki. It can be configured to use a small web service to render the images.
It replaces the GraphViz and PlantUML extensions in some ways, but does not (yet) support all features of either of them. The primary reason for a different extension is to not store the rendered images as wiki files.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Diagrams' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This extension can also be configured to use an external rendering web service to generate the actual diagrams files. This is useful if you do not want the rendered files to be stored in the wiki, or if you have security requirements that make it more convenient to have the external rendering commands run somewhere other than on the web server.
Earlier versions of this extension required this service, but since 0.4.0 it's been optional.
There are two implementations of the service:
- A PHP (Symfony) based service – installation instructions
- A Python based service – installation instructions, demo
Once you have the servicing installed and running correctly, add the following to your LocalSettings.php:
// The URL at which you installed the Diagrams Service. $wgDiagramsServiceUrl = 'https://diagrams.example.com/subdir';