Release status: stable
|Description||Allows Basic integration of CryoKey credentials into MediaWiki for single sign-on|
|Author(s)||Authenticade LLC (CryoKeytalk)|
|Latest version||2.3 (2013-12-06)|
Translate the CryoKey extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The CryoKey extension will add support for CryoKey credentials as an alternative to traditional usernames and passwords.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/CryoKey/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The extension authenticates users based on their E-Mail address. CryoKey authentication is optional, and shows up as a separate link in the UserLogin page. If the user provides CryoKey credentials, then the extension will grant access to the first user with a matching E-Mail address. If you set
true in LocalSettings.php, then the extension will automatically try to register a new user using the E-Mail address found in the CryoKey credentials bound to a random username and password. (By default,
false. If you change the setting, make sure you set the value after the line that loads the extension.)
To get an idea of how CryoKey works in MediaWiki, first visit the acquisition site (or use a CryoKey app) to get credentials, then try to log in to the test wiki at