Release status: stable
|Description||Adds a special page that eases creation of redirects via a simple form.|
|Author(s)||Marco Zafra, Edward Chernenko|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||12 (Ranked 148th)|
|Translate the CreateRedirect extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
CreateRedirect is a special page extension that eases creation of redirects. It displays a form that only asks for the origin page and the destination page, and then saves the page. It also adds a menu item to the side "toolbox" menu as a shortcut, and is able to pass through the current article's title through that shortcut to fill in the destination field automatically. It's convenient and great for batch edits!
- Download and move the extracted
CreateRedirectfolder to your
Developers and code contributors should install the extension from Git instead, using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/CreateRedirect
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'CreateRedirect' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The special page itself is accessible through Special:CreateRedirect.
- Extension:RedirectManager — adds a dialog window to the WikiEditor toolbar, in which to view a list of all redirects to the page being edited as well as add new redirects.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|