Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Adds a special page that eases creation of redirects via a simple form.|
|Author(s)||Marco Zafra (Digikutalk)|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 3.0 or later|
Translate the CreateRedirect extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
CreateRedirect is a special page extension that eases creation of redirects. It displays a form that only asks for the origin page and the destination page, and then saves the page. It also adds a menu item to the side "toolbox" menu as a shortcut, and is able to pass through the current article's title through that shortcut to fill in the destination field automatically. It's convenient and great for batch edits!
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The special page itself is accessible through Special:Createredirect.
- The page text is hardcoded in English right now; i18n messages aren't actually implemented at this time. All messages, however, are included in the i18n file.
- This extension respects user permissions, but security is not thoroughly tested. It should work without a hitch, though. See source for details.
- While this extension has not been thoroughly tested, it's proven sufficient for everyday use and is used live on my own wiki. Our wiki is relatively mid-low-traffic and your mileage may vary.
- Although untested, this extension might work on previous MediaWiki versions.
May 11, 2007
- No updates to the code itself, but the files above are back up and working. Sorry about that!
December 11, 2007
- CreateRedirect.setup.php: Fixed "toolbox" menu link, where the link was directed to my server and wiki. Fixed to link locally to the Wiki that extension is installed on.
CreateRedirect is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 3.