Release status: stable
|Description||Adds Special:CreatePage - one-field form to create a new page.|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the CreatePageUw extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
The CreatePageUw extension adds a special page (Special:CreatePage) that can be used to create a new page. This extension is a modern port of the precursing Uniwiki CreatePage extension.
New users often ask: "Where do I create a new page?":
- You don't want to explain to them about redlinks, send them to some lengthy manual, etc.
- Instead, with this extension, you can answer:
Creating pages in other namespaces
If the user asks "where do I create a new category", you can answer:
- If user visits
[[Special:CreatePage/Category]]and types "Cats" in the form, then new page will be called "Category:Cats".
- This works with any existing namespace: [[Special:CreatePage/Template]] will create "Template:Cats", etc.
User can override it by explicitly typing the namespace prefix in the form. For example, if user visits
[[Special:CreatePage/Help]], but types "Talk:Something", then newly created page will be "Talk:Something", not "Help:Something".
NOTE: we are purposely not adding a dropdown menu "Select namespace", because this extension is aimed at very new users, and they don't know what "namespace" is. The form must be as simple as possible to avoid confusing new users.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'CreatePageUw' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Optional parameters for LocalSettings.php:
$wgCreatePageUwUseVE = true;- use VisualEditor instead of the usual edit form.