Release status: experimental
|Description||A paganted viewer for Comic Book Archive files|
|Author(s)||Maysara Abdulhaq (uwe_a)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The CBx extension generates previews and thumbnails for uploaded Comic Book Archive files of the types cbz and cbt, and shows a paginator preview layout in file-pages. It makes Comic Book Archives behave like PDF and multipage TIFF files as handled by extension:PDFHandler and Extension:PagedTiffHandler respectively.
Comic Book Archive files are a de facto standard utilizing common file archive formats files, sometimes augmented with metadata, and having custom extensions of cbx where x denotes the archive format.
This extension requires the following packages to be installed first:
|imagemagick||dynamic resizing and thumbnailing of images||http://www.imagemagick.org/script/install-source.php for instructions on how to install|
|cbx-info and cbx-extract||Extract metadata from CBx archives||https://github.com/arabdigitalexpression/cbx-utils linux sh binaries, also requires unrar|
Note: The required software above must be installed first.
- A user can display CBx files as an image, showing a single page at a time, like so: [[File:myCbxFile.cbz|page=1|600px]]. The page and size parameters are optional; the default page is page #1. Instead of a size-parameter, you can also use the thumb-parameter, with or without captions: [[File:myCbxFile.cbz|page=1|thumb|My CBZ]].
- Because CbxHandler extends ImageHandler, you can use all the arguments that you would for an Image -- for example: thumb, right/left, caption, border, link, etc.
- If you would like to present a 2-page cbz, for example, do the following: [[File:myCbxFile.cbz|page=1]] [[File:myCbxFile.cbz|page=2]]
- The main usage of the CBxHandler extension is without user interaction. If you upload a new cbx file, the metadata will be stored in the database, and then this file can be shown in a multipage preview layout like the djvu handler does. Without this extension, cbx will not display properly when uploaded.
- Variables below are not specific to this extension
- Enable ImageMagick, if you haven't already: $wgUseImageMagick = true;
- $wgMaxShellMemory - memory limit for convert, cbx-info and cbx-extract. The default value might be too low.
Please report bugs in the bug tracker at Github.
- "Comic Book Archive" format article on Wikipedia