Release status: stable
|Author(s)||Gergő Tisza (Tgrtalk)|
|Latest version||0.1.0 (2015-02-01)|
|Compatibility policy||release branches|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the Buggy extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Buggy extension is intentionally buggy. This is useful when you want to test functionality related to bug handling or error reporting. It has originally been created to help with the testing of Sentry.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/Buggy/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Buggy' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'Buggy' );, you need to use:
Errors are triggered with the
buggy URL parameter. The vagrant role includes a test page.