Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release status: stable
|Description||This extension provides an avatar system that can be used for other extensions|
|Author(s)||Gary Guo (Nbdd0121talk)|
|Latest version||1.0.0 (2016-05-24)|
|License||BSD 2-clause "Simplified" License|
$wgDefaultAvatar, $wgAllowedAvatarRest, $wgMaxAvatarResolution, $wgDefaultAvatarRes
|Translate the Avatar extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
Avatar - Yet another avatar architecture for MediaWiki. This extension provides an avatar system that can be used for other extensions.
- Install php-gd, which is a dependency of this extension
- Clone the respository, rename it to Avatar and copy to extensions folder
wfLoadExtension('Avatar');to your LocalSettings.php
- You are done!
$wgDefaultAvatar(string), should be set to the URL of the default avatar.
$wgAllowedAvatarRes(array), default value is array(64, 128). Thumbnails will be created upon request when their size is in this list.
$wgMaxAvatarResolution(integer), default value is 256. This limits maximum resolution of image to be uploaded.
$wgDefaultAvatarRes(integer), default value is 128. This is the fallback option if resolution is not specified.
- You can set user rights:
avatarupload: User need this right to upload ones' own avatar.
avataradmin: User need this right to delete others' avatars.
How to use
- Users can upload avatar in their preference
- Sysops or other users with
avataradminright can delete avatar via Special:ViewAvatar
- A new entry point for MediaWiki is added,
$wgScriptPath/extensions/Avatar/avatar.php?user=usernamewill be redirected to user's avatar.
- You can also set alias for this php to make it shorter.
- If you are using Gadgets
- If you want to display the avatar on the top-right navigation bar, you may find Gadget-ShowAvatar in example folder useful.
- If you want to display avatars before user link, you may find Gadget-UserLinkAvatar in example folder useful.
- Uploading Avatar: No API provided yet, but one can post to
Special:UploadAvatar(or its localized equivalent). The only form data required is
avatar, which should be set to the data uri of the image.
- Displaying Avatar: This extension provides an entry point for MediaWiki
avatar.php. This entry point produces result via a 302 redirect. This approach is used to maximize performance while still utilizing MediaWiki core. There are currently 4 available arguments.
userset to the user of who you want to enquery the avatar.
resthe preferred resolution of the avatar. Note that this is only a hint and the actual result might not be of the resolution. This parameter is valid only if `user` is set.
vera version number which will be appended to the location field of redirection. Can be used to circumvent browser/CDN cache.
nocacheif this parameter is set, then no `cache-control` header will be emitted.