Release status: stable
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||Adds a complex interface for giving pages ratings.|
|Latest version||2.4.2 (2017-09-09)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||3 (Ranked 163rd)|
|Translate the ArticleRatings extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ArticleRatings extension adds an interface for rating pages.
This extension was developed for Brickimedia, and is not as portable as it could be. If you need to use it on a separate MediaWiki installation, please don't hesitate to contact me on my Brickimedia talk page.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'ArticleRatings' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- changeRating – new user right allows user to change the ratings of pages.
<rating /> adds the rating of a page to a page.
<rating /> on its own will add the rating of the page it is on, and
<rating page="title" /> will give the rating of
- Special:ChangeRating – interface for changing pages' ratings.
- Special:MassRatings – interface for getting the ratings of many pages at once.
- MediaWiki:Are-ratings – JSON file giving the name, codename (has to be 2 characters long), image, and link, for each rating. Should be an array of objects, in PHP-valid JSON. See here for example. The codename is just a 2 character string used by the software to identify the ratings, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as each rating's is different. Whichever rating comes first will be the default rating (the one used before the rating has been changed)
$wgARENamespaces = $wgContentNamespaces;- Array of namespace numbers/constants that are allowed to have ratings on them.
$wgAREUseInitialRatings = false;- If true, the ratings tag has an
init-ratingparameter that wil set the initial rating to the codename supplied, not the default. Not recommended for production use, but can be used as a workaround to allow bots to use the extension.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|