Release status: beta
|Description||Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.|
|Author(s)||Josef Martiňák (Jossmarttalk)|
|Latest version||0.5.0 (2018-01-15)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0|
Translate the ArticleIndex extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The ArticleIndex Extension appends clickable index of tagged words in an article.
- Put the words you want to index to
- Words in these tags are displayed instead of tag
<articleindex/>in alphabet order.
- Index is grouped by first letters.
- Clicking the word highlights his occurrences and moves page to the first one.
- Navigation buttons appears on mouseover on tagged words.
- It's case insensitive.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/ArticleIndex/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'ArticleIndex' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.30 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.30 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'ArticleIndex' );, you need to use:
- Changes in version 0.5.0
- Converted to extension registration.
- Changes in version 0.4.0
- Migrated I18n from php-files to json-files
- Changes in version 0.3.0
- Added files ArticleIndex.i18n.php and ext.ArticleIndex.css.
- Indexed words are now case insensitive, they are shown in index in lowercase with first letter capitalized
- New style of highlighted words
- New feature - navigation buttons shows on mouseover (previous, next, index)
- Changes in version 0.2.0
- Code - spacey style
- New function - clicking the word in index moves page to first occurrence of the word