| Article Creation Help|
Release status: experimental
|Description||Helps users learn to create new articles effectively; provides popups over red links and an article creation landing page.|
|Author(s)||Andrew Green (AndrewRussellGreentalk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the ArticleCreationHelp extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The ArticleCreationHelp extension helps users learn to create new articles effectively. It provides popups over red links and an article creation landing page.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Appropriateness for Various Mediawiki Configurations
The behaviour of this extension is appropriate for wikis where users must log in to create articles (like on Wikipedia). It hasn't yet been adapted for other possible MediaWiki configurations.
See this document for graphs of this workflow and a summary of related issues.
Some rough bits of code are here:
- Uses a new proposed API for modifying guided tours, described here.
- A link to more information in the second guider for anonymous users.
- Error handling on the Special Page.
- Improved interaction for guiders that appear when the user hovers over a red link without clicking.
- Client-side logging with the EventLogging extension.