Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to interactively explore the documentation of the MediaWiki API|
|Author(s)||Sean Colombo http://seancolombo.com|
|Latest version||1.0 (September 2011)|
|MediaWiki||1.18.* or greater|
|License||No license specified|
|Example||API Explorer on LyricWiki|
Translate the ApiExplorer extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The purpose of this extension is to provide a friendly interface for viewing the API documentation. Eventually, this extension should be made to allow example-calls right from the same area.
- The API must be enabled on the wiki where this extension is running (because the extension uses the API to generate the documentation about the API).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Future plans (where you can help)
- Update the API to return example URLs
- Show example URLs in the results
- Allow example URLs to be clicked to execute the query & return the results in a small panel.
- Allow modification of the URLs which make example-calls so that the user can tweak them in real-time to see the effects.