| Anti-spam by CleanTalk|
Release status: stable
|Implementation||User activity, Page action|
|Description||Client extension for cloud anti-spam service CleanTalk.org.|
|Latest version||1.7 (2016-05-18)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the Antispam extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Antispam extension protects MediaWiki against spam bots signups and edits. It's a client side application for cloud anti-spam service cleantalk.org. CleanTalk provides transparent antispam protection, with detailed statistics of all entering comments and logins. You can always be sure that there are no errors.
We have developed anti-spam for MediaWiki that would provide maximum protection from spam bots and you can provide for your visitors a simple and convenient form of edits/registrations without annoying CAPTCHAs and puzzles. Used to detect spam multistage test that allows us to block up to 100% of spam bots.
The anti spam method offered by CleanTalk allows to switch from the methods that trouble the communication (CAPTCHA, question-answer etc.) to a more convenient one.
CleanTalk provides premium anti spam for MediaWiki, please look at the pricing. We try to provide the service at the highest level and we can not afford to offer a free version of our service, as this will immediately affect the quality of providing anti spam protection. Paying for a year of service, you save a lot more and get:
- Up to 100% protection from spam bots.
- Simple and convenient form of commenting/registrations without CAPTCHA.
- Always actual and regular updates.
- Technical support.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To run extension
- Get Access key
- Type Access key in parameter
- Set true or false in parameter
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I change anything in the extension's settings or in my CleanTalk Control Panel when I switch my website from HTTP to HTTPS or vice versa?
No. You don't need to change anything in the extension's settings or in your CleanTalk Control Panel. The extension will work regardless of the protocol.