Release status: beta
|Implementation||User interface, Special page, Parser extension|
|Description||Provides a user interface that allows to interactively create semantic queries by using a hierarchical defined ontology (taxonomy): book, volume, article, physical representation of book page as image, image annotations, tags, etc.|
|Author(s)||Lia Veja (LiaVejatalk)|
|Latest version||2.0.0 (2014-11-27)|
Translate the AnalysisTool extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The AnalysisTool extension is a group of extensions for Semantic MediaWiki. This group of extensions provide also an user interface that allows to interactively create semantic queries using a hierarchical defined ontology (taxonomy): book, volume, article, physical representation of book page as image, image annotations, tags, etc.
Example of such an ontology:
- Book (Lexicon)
- Article (Lemma)
- Page as images
- Image annotations
- The first component extension allows users to simply edit the ontology using a special page component.
- The second component allows for interactively edit of semantic queries. The result set will evaluated inline and the result displayed to the user interface. Complex semantic queries could be addressed using this interface. In a regular semantic wiki, nested semantic queries are possible, but not all semantic properties values are shown.
Printouts defined at the inner entity level are not shown at all. AnalysisTool extension amends nested semantic queries allowing to add printouts defined at the different levels of nested. Current version allows 3 level of nesting.
Note: This extension requires Semantic MediaWiki to be installed first.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This is a brief introduction on how to use the AnalysisTool. A more detailed guide will appear on this page in the near future.
Creating wiki ontology
After successful installation, the special page AnalysisToolSpecial will be created in your wiki under Semantic MediaWiki Group. Clicking this link, the special page launches and allows user to chose categories for entities and semantic properties. In these forms, you can specify the details of your currently created entity. In a final step, the ontology will be saved in MediaWiki namespace wiki page. This configuration is necessary for AnalysisTool template extension.
Parser tag configuration
If you find a bug, please report it on the discussion page.