Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Helps to determine account activity for the final SUL migration and account unification.|
|Author(s)||Peter Gehres (Pgehres (WMF)talk)|
|Latest version||1.0.0 (2013-03-13)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the AccountAudit extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The AccountAudit extension helped to determine account activity on Wikimedia sites for the final SUL migration and account unification. It was also planned to be used by the Editor Engagement teams to determine whether an account has been abandoned.
The extension does not create any new special pages nor change any output to users. Currently, only the most recent login by a user on a wiki is recorded using the UserLoginComplete hook.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/AccountAudit/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'AccountAudit' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'AccountAudit' );, you need to use: